Baslow, St Anne

Baslow, St Anne

St Annes church, Baslow was built on the bank of the river Derwent over 800 year ago.  The church was originally a chapelry of Bakewell at the time of King Johns reign.  Nothing remains of the original Norman church.  The oldest parts of the building, the tower and spire, date from the 13th century.  The building was restored in the mid-19th century, and the chancel was rebuilt in 1911. 

The church has some good 20th century wood carving in the chancel.  Part of a Saxon cross may be found in the porch.  The porch also has an ancient coffin stone built into it, which is approximately 700 years old.  Outside, there is an unusual diamond jubilee clock face, which has the legend Victoria 1897 instead of numbers.


Font, St Anne, Baslow
Tower, Baslow
Organ, Baslow
Screen, Baslow

Facilities

Church always open
Toilets
Refreshments nearby
Place for quiet reflection

Features

Stained Glass
Architectural Features

Church Street
Baslow
Derbyshire
DE45 1RY

Eyam Church Centre Office
01433 630930

Open times:

Open daily 9.30am- 4.30pm

BACK TO RESULTS PAGE