SEARCH FOR A CHURCH

Diocese of Derby Parish Churches

VIEW BY:
St Andrew, Barrow Hill
           
Built in 1895, St Andrews is a modest little arts and crafts church. It was the first ever architectural commission of Sir Raymond Unwin and his first collaboration with his future business partner, Barry Parker, who designed the fixtures and... MORE
View this church
There are no remains of the Norman church that was originally on this site.  The oldest part of the church is the north nave arcade that dates back to the 13th century whilst other sections date to the 14th, 15th and 19th century. There is... MORE
View this church
St Anne, Baslow
         
St Annes church, Baslow was built on the bank of the river Derwent over 800 year ago.  The church was originally a chapelry of Bakewell at the time of King Johns reign.  Nothing remains of the original Norman church.  The oldest parts... MORE
View this church
St Anne, Beeley
       
Beeley is approximately three miles to the south of Chatsworth House.  St Annes church is Norman, having been built approximately 1150.  The Norman south door, 13th century chancel and 14th century tower all survive, following significant... MORE
View this church
Interior, Christ Church, Belper
    
Belper, in the middle of the Derwent Valley World Heritage Site, is the world's first mill town and is seen as the cradle of the industrial revolution. The town rapidly began to expand in the 1770s and in, 1850, Christ Church was built by mill owner... MORE
View this church

Pages