SEARCH FOR A CHURCH

Diocese of Derby Parish Churches

VIEW BY:
St James' church was restored in 1874-76.  Remains from the original building include the tower and the Harpur Chapel in which there are effigies from the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries of the Harpur and Rolleston families.   ...... MORE
View this church
Taddington
                 
Taddington, a small hillside village, in the Peak District National Park is one of the highest villages in England.  Fourteenth century St Michael & All Angels Church was described by Pevsner as one of the prettiest and best proportioned... MORE
View this church
Holy Trinity, Tansley
         
As built in 1840 the church was a simple box with plain lancet windows, a shallow sanctuary recess and a small tower.  In 1870, however, a new north aisle was built in a more academic Gothic style and the box pews were replaced.  The north... MORE
View this church
St James, Temple Normanton
         
This is the third, possibly the fourth, church on this site that dates back at least to the 15th century. The present building replaced a “temporary” wooden church erected in 1923 and demolished in 1983. Prior to that a stone church was built in... MORE
View this church

Pages