SEARCH FOR A CHURCH

Diocese of Derby Parish Churches

VIEW BY:
All Saints, Brailsford
         
All Saints, Brailsford dates back to the 12th Century and was built halfway between the villages of Brailsford and Ednaston - hence its remote location. Legend has it that a notable family in Brailsford village wanted the church to be built near... MORE
View this church
The Lower Brampton Mission which was built in 1894 was replaced by a hall in 1939 which initially served both as a school and a church. The building was replaced in 1960. ... MORE
View this church
St. Thomas' started as a Commissioners' Building and was rebuilt by Joseph Mitchell in 1846-48.  A spacious chancel was added in 1891 by Naylor and Sale. The interior is notable for the fact that it has no pillars and a wonderful painted... MORE
View this church
St James, Brassington
      
Welcome to St James, Brassington.  St James is a church at the heart of the village. The church is a Norman church- built around 1150AD and has a font from the same period. It was extended and partially rebuilt in 1880. Items of interest in... MORE
View this church
The Saxon church that stood originally on this site was replaced by a Norman church and the south doorway is of the late Norman style.  The building has undergone many changes over the years and then had to be completely restored after it was... MORE
View this church

Pages