Edale, Holy & Undivided Trinity

Edale, Holy & Undivided Trinity

Edale is a place in which the inhabitants, secluded in the bosom of the mountains from the bustle of the world, appear to enjoy all the quiet and security that pervaded the happy vale of Rasselas novel by Dr Johnson, quote from Glovers History of Derbyshire 1833

Holy & Undivided Trinity church is in the midst of some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK and is an ideal setting for contemplation, quiet thought and prayer, inside or outside.

Many visitors admire the proportions of the church inside and outside. It's a Grade II listed building, completed in 1889 and little altered since.  The church replaces two earlier buildings which were situated in the old graveyard across the road from the church. It has some stained glass by Comper, some 18th century wooden panels, and a number of brass, stone and wood memorials.  The graveyard is well-kept with most gravestones in good condition which visitors with village connections appreciate.  As well as a war memorial, there is an interesting record inside of villagers who enlisted, and who died, in the First World War.

Please note that although the church does not have its own car park, parking places are available in the designated area opposite the church.


Facilities

Church always open
Refreshments nearby
Place for quiet reflection

Features

Stained Glass
Paintings

Fieldhead
Edale
Derbyshire
S33 7ZA

Revd Dr Simon Cocksedge - Priest in Charge (SSM)
01298 816226 / cocksedge@doctors.org.uk

Open times: BACK TO RESULTS PAGE