Tibshelf, St John the Baptist

Tibshelf, St John the Baptist

The church is situated on an ancient site; a high point, visible for miles around.  The tower dates from 1492, housing a fine peal of six bells.  The main body of the church, including the chancel, was largely rebuilt and extended in the late 19th and early 20th centuries during a time of great local enthusiasm and expansion in population and industry, when two collieries were opened and the railway line came through the village.  Thus it provides a good example of local history of this age.


Organ, Tibshelf
South Aisle, Tibshelf

Facilities

Toilets
Refreshments in church
Place for quiet reflection

Features

Stained Glass

High Street
Tibshelf
DE55 5NU

Revd Gill Manley (Vicar)
01773 873305 / gill-manley@sky.com

Open times:

Saturdays from 10am-12noon from April to October

Sundays 11.00am- 12:30pm

BACK TO RESULTS PAGE